Friday, October 18, 2013

Inner strength is my x-factor - Rajesh Hamal

This is an interview published in 'Hope' magazine:

Despite the fact that you have shown a keen interest in mar­riage, you have not materialized it yet. When is the exact date of your nuptial tie?

As I did not marry for a long time, I need a due time for the preparation. I cannot give you the exact date, but I do not say one year or two year like earlier. It has come down from year to month.

rajesh-hamal

You chose acting as your career despite the objection of your father . What inspired you to be involved in this field?

I was attracted to the medium of cinema when I was in my school and college days. The medium of film such as acting, directing allured me to be involved in the field of perfor­mance.

Who is your ideal in the cinematic world?

I do not have any ideal as such. I have been inspired by many people in my career. When I did my first film, I got over­whelming love and affection from my audience. The feed­back I have been receiving from my audience right from the first film is the source of inspiration for me.

What differences do you find yourself as a Rajesh Hamal as an actor and Rajesh Hamal as a normal man?

However, certain things are common; there are many differ­ences between the two. In the film I have to make justice over the role I have been given. As a character, people may understand me as an angry man who is not happy with the norms and values of the society. But outside the curtain, Ra­jesh Hamal is also like a common man.

What is your leading factor when you find yourself in prob­lem?

My inner strength or inner self is my X factor. It is because I do not have the habit of going around and sharing with people. I do not expect encouragement or support from the people around. Strength actually comes within me when I really get problem.

So then, do you have faith on religion?

More than a religious person, I would like to call myself a spiritual person. Every religion is equal for me as they teach good things only. In modern life, spirituality connects you with yourself. The more you know yourself, the more it helps you know your immediate surroundings. Therefore, spiritu­ality and modern living go hand in hand. If you are spiritually rich, you can have a practical life. Your practical world would be more smooth and harmonious.

How would you like to remember the mournful moments when you lost your parents?

The experience that I went through when I lost my father was very different from the one I went through losing my mother. When I lost my father, I was traumatically numb because that was the first immediate and unexpected death that I experienced within the family. It was his premature and sudden demise too. Since then the feeling of death was distant to me. The moment was something like tears rolled down from yours eyes without knowing who you are.

When my mother died, her death saddened me as I was pas­sionately close to her, but at the same time, I was able to accept death as the natural part of our existence. I thought it is another part of life, and she was not feeling well. In a way, she freed herself like a bird out of the cage. Her soul had freed herself because she was little bit depressed too. I tool her death much more naturally than the death of my father.

Are you content with your life or searching something else?

Life is all about discovering new thing and being in search of something. We are all searching for something.

What is the ultimate happiness for you?

So far as my experience tells me there in no ultimate happi­ness as such. I believe happiness is momentary, not everlast­ing. You can be happy for a moment. You cannot sustain it forever, but the good thing is even the sadness does not last perpetually. Therefore, you cannot be happy all your life even if your life is successful and vice versa. You can find the moment of happiness within your sadness.

What is success formula for you?

I think success is the integrated product of basic tenet of life such as dedication, honesty, confidence, patience and hon­esty.

In a nut-shell :

The feedback I have been getting from my audience right from the first film is the source of inspiration for me.

Life is all about discovering new things and being in search of something. We are all searching for some­thing.

If you are spiritually rich, you can have a practical life.

No comments:

Post a Comment